Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Project Manager / Senior Project Manager to join the Southampton based office of a leading Construction Consultancy.
The company have a strong reputation for providing a range of Cost and Project Management Consultancy services within the construction industry. Their Southampton based office has long been established, with a strong presence amongst the local clientele. Due to a continuing growth in workloads, the is now looking to expand its Project Management Team.
Your new role
As a Project Manager / Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for running and leading on multiple new build, refurbishment, fit out and conversion projects on behalf of a variety of clients. Typically, clients may include Corporate Businesses, Commercial Occupiers Universities, Schools, Local Authorities, Private Developers and Public Government bodies, with projects up to £50M+ in value.
Whilst running these projects from inception to completion, you will be required to undertake a number of professional Project Consultancy tasks. Some of these may include;
- Undertaking feasibility studies and project viability
- Preparing a scope of works and undertaking contract administration
- Project tendering, budget management, forecasting and preparing cash flows
- Chairing and attending meetings and taking minutes
- Undertaking site inspections, report writing, and contractor and stakeholder management
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed within the role, you will need
- A relevant degree in a construction discipline
- Desirably hold a professional accreditation such as MRICS, MAPM, MCIOB
- Hold significant experience in running construction related projects from within a Consultancy or Client-Side environment.
- Exposure to projects across a variety of sectors, both new build and refurbishment.
- Strong knowledge building contracts and the construction tender process.
- Highly personable, professional and client facing.
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this. or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.