Are you a Director or Associate Director with extensive experience in business development and managing Rail or Highways projects? If so, read on!
Due to continued growth, an internationally renowned Construction Consultancy has an exciting new opportunity for an Associate Director or Director with Rail or Highways experience to work in their flagship office in London.
You will come from either project management, cost consultancy or engineering technical backgrounds and have experience working Client Side or with a Construction Consultancy.
As Director of Rail and Highways your role will include:
- Drawing upon a proven track record to manage projects for or on behalf of local or national transportation clients.
- Continually striving to improve the business value proposition and develop knowledge and expertise of the team.
- Helping to develop new business opportunities whilst deepening key client understanding and relationships.
Director of Rail and Highways Responsibilities:
Reporting into the regional transportation head and being a senior member of the regional transportation team, you will be responsible for growing the existing team and building long term, sustainable team relationships with high profile clients.
You will have the following skills:
- Having management skills necessary to direct and manage the project team having responsibility, under minimum supervision, delivering portfolios and projects relating to highways/rail and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Have a clear understanding of and expertise in project commercial accountability
- Experienced in bid writing and management.
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core proficiencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do,
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery
Team building and management
- Growing and managing sector-focussed team
- Mentoring and developing your team.
- Manage the account management team to maximise their impact
- Enhance the reputation of the business
- Build client relationships and harness opportunities for cross selling the firms’ full spectrum of services & locations
- Upskilling others and providing career growth opportunity
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction
- Proven track record to manage projects for or on behalf of clients in highways or rail sectors.
- Chartered with RICS, ICE or similar
- Manage business development and/or account management activities