This opportunity is to work for a world class Developer and End User focused on hospitality, hotel and residential projects across the UK and internationally from the headquarters in London. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years' experience with a strong bias towards hospitality, leisure and hotel projects from pre-contract through to final account.
- Provide strong commercial leadership to the business.
- Maintain commercial and project goals.
- Support supply chain commercial activities to ensure that high standards of Quantity Surveying are employed and maintained.
- Ensure compliance
- Manage all commercial and contractual aspects on all development projects.
Detailed Duties & Responsibilities
- To develop market intelligence and procurement strategy;
- To develop supplier and stakeholder relationships to identify and implement high value return on investments whilst optimising procurement processes and payment solutions;
- To establish fair contracts with suppliers, ensuring due process is followed and all compliance needs are met in line with CSR strategy;
- To influence and inform internal stakeholders on spend behaviours and commercial management;
- To create and administer tender documentation;
- To undertake periodic performance review of supplier activities to drive improved service delivery, value for money, reduced life cycle costs and to meet project objectives;
- To agree and maintain supply-chain cash flows, and ensure contractual terms are aligned to reflect scopes of services
- To ensure all procurement activities adhere to Delegations of Authority and to work with Project Finance to ensure correct level of visibility on authorisations;
- To create a contracts database and capture/store/maintain/evaluate relevant contract information; ensuring visibility to business;
- To ensure all procurement activity obeys international laws, is in full compliance with insurance covers and any relevant health and safety policy/legislation;
- To produce a monthly report providing an overview of procurement activities and project initiatives, attending management meetings as necessary to discuss procurement activities;
- To promote procurement best practice throughout the matrix structure and across and JV partners.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management;
- Full membership in a Professional Chartered Quantity Surveying or Procurement Organisation, preferably RICS.