This role involves the preparation of bespoke responses to ensure that new developments within specific sites are safe and stable in accordance to the organisation's duties as a Statutory Consultee in England, Scotland and Wales.
The successful candidate will also ultimately be involved in the delivery of pre-application advice to the development industry, and in the ongoing programme of pro-active customer engagement.
The client is a public sector organisation who are pretty unique; making a better future for people and the environment. The organisation has united passion and desire to live and breathe their core values. They are an inclusive, trusted and progressive organisation in everything that they do.
The main responsibilities are:
- Deliver the organisation's advice to Local Planning Authorities, including assessing incoming consultation requests and associated supporting information
- Contribute to the delivery of the Pre-application Advice Service including liaison with customers to clarify specific requirements, the preparation and issue of fee proposals
- Explain and defend consultation responses, when subject to related enquiries, Planning Appeals and other forms of challenge as may be required
- Provide Planning advice and inputs to corporate development projects as agreed with line managers
The successful candidate will have:
- A Masters degree or postgraduate diploma in town planning, or other equivalent combination of planning qualifications and experience
- Full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Significant competent post qualification experience in a Development Management role within a Local Planning Authority, including managing a case load of major applications
There are a number of benefits that you'll be able to access being a part of their inclusive team including flexi time, 27.5 days holiday (with an additional 6 days flexi time), civil service pension scheme, gym membership contribution, and professional membership.