Delivery of major defence projects, focussing on technical proficiency with a view to grow commercial understanding and will contribute to Business Development.
This role offers an opportunity to strengthen Project Management experience and to broaden skill base further.
A leading Project Management Consultancy
- Risk management
- Change management
- Programme Management
- Design acceptance management
- Project controls
- Site management including Health and Safety
- Client and Stakeholder management
- Client Reporting
- To lead and oversee the successful delivery of defence projects (in conjunction with the Project Management partners) with a view to securing repeat business.
- To support and develop our defence working on new high profile defence projects.
- To support and develop targeted marketing material and capability statement relating to defence projects
- To support the Project Management Partners in developing a pipeline of defence opportunities.
- To actively participate and support in the development of fee proposals and responses to RFPs
- To participate in Business Development activities where required.
- To attend Client interviews as required securing new Clients.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Construction Project Management degree or a similar construction related qualification with extensive technical delivery experience in a similar role gained within a consultancy or end user client.
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body
- NEC accreditation
- Experience in delivering projects in the defence sector
- Experience managing large and complex projects from conception through to completion
- Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- A team player with a 'can do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible
Salary and package
Excellent opportunity to work on large projects
A very busy team
Able to support the growth of an office with further career developments prospects that would go with