Available in both West London & Birmingham
Your role at a glance
We’re Legal & General Surveying Services, one of the most successful Surveying Firms in the UK. To stay at the forefront of innovation in the residential surveying industry, we’re looking for driven and ambitious surveyors, with great knowledge and experience of residential mortgage valuations and Homebuyer Surveys.
When you join our team, you’ll work within a caring, supportive culture. And with manageable workloads, you’ll have flexibility and a good work life balance. You’ll be at the forefront of innovation, with access to SmartrSurvey Legal & General’s digital alternative to the traditional HomeBuyer survey.
What you'll be doing
- You’ll carry out quality inspections and prepare valuations and survey reports in accordance with best professional practice to minimise the financial and reputational risk to Legal & General. You’ll be liaising with all support staff to ensure that inspections are carried out and reports prepared in accordance with agreed turnaround times and SLA’s ensuring the overall standard is achieved
- Ensuring that all communications with any party to the instruction are dealt with promptly and in a manner, which will enhance the reputation of Legal & General. You’ll be ensuring that the PVQ response times are achieved and that queries, are dealt with in accordance with Lender Guidelines and in keeping with SLA’s to avoid penalties
- Achieving personal annual business targets in terms of the volume of instructions carried out in order to meet planned profitability and Annual Fee Income projection by completing daily targets per working day.
- Undertaking training, both internally and externally, to satisfy the CPD requirements of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and any further specific retraining prescribed by the company by completing the compulsory number of training hours per annum
What we're looking for
This is a great opportunity to join our business and we’re looking to hear from driven RICS registered Residential Surveyors who have an excellent knowledge of residential surveying to help us provide quality service to our customers.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us. Our surveyors receive an excellent remuneration package including…
- A competitive basic salary
- Competitive performance related bonuses and incentives
- A generous pension scheme (5% employer contribution + 5% matching contribution)
- You’ll have access to leading technology to enable you to work smarter
- We’ll cover everything you need to meet your CPD requirements each year
- A variety of share schemes - A simple and risk-free way for our employees to buy shares at a discounted price.
- 27 days' holiday + buy & sell options
- A competitive car allowance
- Private medical insurance
- Gym discounts
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection
- Discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.