This is a fantastic opportunity to step into a client-side property management role with line management and portfolio management responsibility.
My client are a leading UK University with exceptional arts, sports, science, teaching, residential and leisure facilities; an established estates team, ambitious capital programme and advanced faculty programme management strategy.
They are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their Faculty Projects team on a full time and permanent basis.
This role will be vacant in January 2021 so there will be an opportunity for an immediate start.
Where an immediate start is not possible, an interim Senior Project Manager will be required to ensure the University has sufficient cover. So whether you are looking for a permanent or interim opportunity, please get in touch.
The in-house team represent the very top of the pyramid with all physical project work outsourced to partnering contractors.
- The Faculty Project team are responsible for all intermediate size projects as part of the University estate.
- This includes 400+ projects ranging between £50k and £15m in value.
- Each Senior Project Manager is responsible for 100+ projects utilising the supporting Project Administrators and CAD Technicians.
- Projects include: Refurbishments, long-term maintenance planning and enabling works (everything except reactive maintenance and capital works).
- Internal networking, communication and stakeholder management is project critical and includes (but is not limited to) the:
- Direct labour team responsible for reactive maintenance
- In-house engineering team, who are responsible for engineering services and project support
- Capital projects team: Responsible for >£15m projects and for whom the Faculty team is responsible for enabling works
The successful candidate will:
- Have >10 years of client-side, project management experience, within either a private or public sector setting
- Have extensive experience managing construction and maintenance projects; specifically, intricate refurbishment/complex repairs, between £50k and £15m in value.
- Understand projects in the context of a complex organisation, operating with a resilient approach and mindset, capable of navigating funding pressures and competing objectives.
- Have direct leadership experience, with a demonstrable track record of developing individual team members
- Be degree educated and hold a formal project management qualification (e.g. RIBA, CEng, RICS, CIOB)
- Be passionate about the University's built environment
- Be commercially savvy
- Be a team player and strong communicator
- Be comfortable with a seasonal work schedule: A large percentage of faculty project work is completed during the Summer holidays.
Competitive salary and package on offer.