Central London REIT
Senior Portfolio Manager - Property Management. London, UK
Up to £70,000 plus bonus and benefits.
About the role
To manage a portfolio of buildings in the Property Management department with the aim of providing high quality, effective & efficient services to our occupiers. The role will be responsible for all property management.. This role will work closely with other departments and advisors, including Asset Management, Finance, Development, Leasing and Investment.
To oversee and manage the operation of services, occupier satisfaction and security of the portfolio to a high standard. Liaise with internal support functions such as HR, finance as well as external agents and consultants.
To propose and present for approval any initiatives and recommendations for improvement or works required. Be accountable for the service charge budget and in house and external resources for the portfolio.
Day to Day
To oversee and manage a portfolio of properties (the allocation is subject to change from time to time) in order to fulfil the Landlord’s obligations under the Tenants leases, but more specifically:
- Tenant liaison, property inspections, manage the site managers and be accountable for resolving day to day issues, working in conjunction with operational support teams.
- Maintain Continual Personal Development (CPD) and Company compliance training to ensure knowledge of latest industry best practice and innovation is maintained.
- Keep us abreast of changes in legislation or innovations and proactively look at improvements to the management and delivery system that can be recognised internally and externally as best in class.
- Work alongside the Development team to ensure new developments and refurbishments benefit from early input of property management discipline.
- Oversee and monitor the non-managed portfolio, building relationships with external managing agents, suppliers and key occupiers as required.
- Assess and implement sustainability initiatives and Life Cycle Management plans for the portfolio. Oversee insurance responsibilities including claim process, works notification and administering the insurance premium recharge.
- Review and process all tenant applications including but not limited to Licence to Alters, Wayleaves and Alienation.
- Collaborate with the internal technical specialists on contract management, project works and tenant fit outs in conjunction with external consultants as necessary.
- Liaise with Finance to ensure rent and service charge collection is on time, follow up where required with occupiers in conjunction with Finance and Asset Management.
- Manage service charge budget process and reconciliation in conjunction with Property Management Accounts. Be responsible for recoverable and non-recoverable expenditure within delegated limits.
- Review existing leases and ensure we are complying with our obligations, as well as ensuring databases kept up to date and accurate. Contribute to reviewing and amending relevant clauses within leases for new lettings.
- Management of an experienced property management team, reporting directly to the Head of Property.
MRICS preferred but not necessary.
This opportunity would suit someone looking to join a sociable and energetic team, with the freedom to be creative in your work. Our client is looking for self starters with team management experience.
For more details, please upload your CV and contact us on 0203 745 7074.
Please note, not all of our opportunities are advertised. Please enquire on the number above, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us will get back to you.
Varnom Ross – Doing things differently, for the benefit of all. ⬛⚫