Social Housing Maintenance Manager for New Scheme
The post holder supports all the project based staff in the administration of repair requests and the co-ordination of statutory compliance.
Working closely with Changing Lives Asset Manager, Maintenance & Facilities Manager, the Housing Managers and project based staff to ensure that landlords fully discharge their responsibilities for statutory compliance along with the timely completion of repairs to ensure that properties remain safe, secure and maintained to high standards.
1. Embed repairs reporting and statutory compliance monitoring processes along with relevant policies and procedures
2. Provide repairs reporting training to project based staff including guidance in basic diagnostics and produce monthly performance reports
3. Coordinate the commissioning of statutory inspections that are the responsibility of organisation and assist the Maintenance & Facilities Manager in the monitoring of compliance certificates which are the responsibility of the landlords
4. Develop effective working relationships with landlords and ensure that they fully discharge their repair obligations as defined within the lease/management agreements with a timely completion of the remedial repairs as defined within the agreed work schedules
5. Develop effective working relationships with approved local contractors and work with Procurement Manager to strengthen Approved Supplier List
6. Prepare specifications for remedial work due to tenant damage and obtain competitive quotations for the approval by the appropriate Area Managers
7. Post inspect repairs undertaken by contractors to ensure that the work undertaken fully complies with the Decent Homes Standard and meets health and safety requirements
8. Collate all property related documentation and ensure that it is recorded within Asset & Liabilities Register
9. Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
10. Able to manage difficult situations with challenging deadlines, ensuring clear processes are defined with a focus on end result and deliver
11. Continually looking to assess, develop, evaluate and improve review processes to ensure compliance, and effectiveness
You will have a strong background in Social Housing Maintenance and be experienced in all of the above. You will hold relevant qualifications from the building / property/ FM sector.
This post is for initially 3 months and is inside IR35 . This role will be agile working with some visits required in and around Northamptonshire
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.