Park Avenue are currently working on a unique and special opportunity with the Falklands Island Government (FIG) , who are seeking to employ a temporary Land Policy Development Consultant for at least 6 months.
The Falkland Islands are a unique and dramatically beautiful environment, set in the South Atlantic Ocean. This is an exciting opportunity to help FIG address an absence of a coherent approach to lands policy matters. This work will support the development of sustainable land management policies, including the development of a Lands Disposal and Acquisition Policy.
An experienced property individual is required to deliver the following outputs:
- Analyse data, case evidence and research findings to distil relevant lessons concerning the most effective ways of administering land governance as part of lands policy development.
- Develop an operationally relevant Lands Disposal and Acquisition Policy
- Proposal for ongoing management of the Government Estate, in support of the new Lands Disposal and Acquisition policy.
- Develop a proposed programme for implementation of the proposed new Lands Disposal Policy and associated governance.
What you need
- Has proven experience as a property professional who has developed and managed Lands Policies, valuations and Estate departments, preferably with experience in management of Crown estates.
- Has a proven track record of delivering solution-oriented policy analysis and development, ideally in a public sector environment.
- Has demonstrable evidence of strong research and analytical skills and the ability to quickly develop a high degree of national and international political awareness concerning the Falkland Islands.
- Proven track record in consultation with a wide range of senior stakeholders in support of production of Estates policies.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to produce policy documents, presentations, consultation material and other reports to a high standard for wide-ranging audiences.
- Has relevant property related qualifications
The Package (6 Months)
- 15 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and your dependants, including mid-term return flight home.
- Government Housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
What to do now
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ben at Park Avenue Recruitment.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in.