37 hours per week
Starting salary £32,715 per annum
Job Purpose Summary
- To deliver professional rural surveyor service to both NatureScot staff and land managers across NatureScot’s Southern Scotland Area (Dumfries and Galloway and the Borders), but also occasionally elsewhere in Scotland if the need arises.
- To advise NatureScot staff on the practical, legal, contractual and financial implications of how best to secure positive outcomes for nature.
- To negotiate with land managers to ensure these objectives are met cost-effectively and meet legal requirements.
- To support the delivery of the Scottish Rural Development Programme’s Agri-Environment and Climate Scheme.
- To support the delivery of the Solway Barnacle Goose Scheme.
- To raise awareness of best practice and novel approaches to land management to deliver positive outcomes for nature.
For further information, visit our website via the 'Apply' button.
Closing date: midnight Thursday 21 January 2021
Internal Interviews are scheduled for: 8 February 2021
External Interviews are scheduled for: 22 February 2021