Senior Project Manager (Capital Works) client side role temporary to permanent opportunity in South Birmingham
Your new role
Senior Capital Works Project Manager - South Birmingham - Temp to perm
£34.33 p/hr for temporary contract - PAYE - and up to 60K perm + pension + 27days + 8 BH.
You will be working to support the Head of Capital to deliver their capital works programme. Your role is 70% focused on delivery of projects and 30% supporting on strategy & planning. There is a mixture of inhouse and framework consultants and partners. You will be project managing a programme of capital works that could be from 200K - 50M construction value and ensure the timely deliver of projects on budget and ensure critical deadlines are met.
- To work as a specialist professional as part of the Estates Capital team.
- To provide expert specialist and professional construction and estates projects advice to other Estates staff, Directors, Senior Management, Trust Boards and external agencies.
- To independently manage a portfolio of complicated delegated projects from £10K to £50M from inception to completion, including project management, design, contract administration, site supervision and commissioning under the Trust Capital Programme.
- To appoint and manage external professional consultants within an authorised budget as a Budget Holder.
- To manage Estates Capital Budgets, purchase professional services, contractor works and physical assets as part of the Trust Capital Programme.
- To be responsible for producing and implementing a number of department processes and procedures.
- To deputise for Senior Managers within the Estates Projects Department as and when required.
- Responsible for the operational commissioning of health buildings
What you'll need to succeed
Experience with capital build projects.
Experience of HTM's & BN's in a healthcare setting ideally
Experience of JCT and NEC contracts
Strong project management methodology
18M new treatment centre
New clinical centre
New Theatre projects totally 17M
What you'll get in return
There is a competitive hourly rate available and the potential of a permanent role after the initial temporary period 3-6 months. You will be supporting the end client of the NHS at the time of the biggest crises to hit the health service. Autonomy on the delivery of critical projects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.