Want to work for an ambitious Council which works together with local people to create great value services and an outstanding community, economy and environment?
I’m proud to be working with a local authority in the South West who are looking to recruit a Principal Building Surveyor on a permanent contract. The Job
You will lead the Property and FM Team to provide the highest quality reactive, planned maintenance and servicing, health & safety compliance, capital investment and facilities management provision to the Council’s corporate property portfolio comprising over 400 buildings. Key Duties:
- Lead the Property & FM Team to act as the Council’s Principal in professional areas of Building Surveying and as a key advisor on property construction, health & safety compliance and standards for Asset Management.
- Manage a portfolio of building projects, works and programmes ensuring that all building surveying and associated works are carried out in an efficient manner in accordance with best practice and regulatory requirements and standards.
- Provide the focal point for design, maintenance and compliance consultations and advice, providing a high degree of independent decision making and professionalism to the Council, being accountable for advice provided within the specific specialist area of Building Surveying.
- Specify and oversee the design and implementation of both minor and major works including new build, routine repairs, compliance, conversions, preventative maintenance, adaptations, refurbishment, improvements, alternations, demolition and redecoration
- Professionally qualified RICS or degree level or above in Building Surveying or equivalent with relevant post-qualification experience.
- Good working knowledge of property-related legislation such as Health and Safety, Building Asbestos, Water Regulations, and the Equality Act 2014/Public Sector Equality Duty.
- Sound knowledge of carbon management initiatives, national conservation and sustainability agendas.
- Excellent working knowledge of standard forms of contract, e.g. JCT/NEC3.
- Experience of working with Authority/Public Representatives/ Senior Management Board Directors or equivalent, staff of all levels in both an advisory and influencing capacity.
- Proven experience of working through the end to end property development process.
Excellent benefits package which includes generous annual leave, flexi-time, access to Local Government Pension Scheme, salary sacrifice cycle scheme and our employee assistance programme. In addition, you’ll also be encouraged to take advantage of our outstanding learning and development opportunities.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, then please send your CV to email@example.com