Commercial Property Manager, Independent Chartered Surveyors, Kingston, Greater London remit. £35K - 40K
Your new company
Your new company is an independent property consultancy consisting of chartered surveyors, property managers and registered valuers.
Based in Kingston upon Thames, and serving clients in the Greater London area, this company has been providing management and consultancy services to occupiers and landlords for over 30 years, dealing with office, retail, industrial and investment properties of all shapes and sizes.
Following the retirement of a longstanding member of the team, this company is looking for a commercial property manager to step in and pick up from them in a permanent role.
Your new role
As commercial property manager your role will involve:
- Building and maintaining relationships with both landlords and tenants
- Proactively manage property / lease event dates
- Dealing with property management issues, and ensuring efficient and agreeable resolutions
- Preparing and reviewing service charge budgets
- Setting up management systems for new and existing properties, including lease set up, rents, service charge management, policies and procedures
- Advising clients on asset management with an asset overview
- Contractor management for all service provisions including repairs, maintenance and compliance checks ensuring all statutory requirements are met
- Providing support to the accounts team on invoicing, credit control and management accounts.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will need to be local to the Kingston area, preferably within a 30 minute commute, and you will have access to a vehicle and a fully valid UK driver's license.
You will have a minimum of 3 years commercial property management experience, and strong knowledge of commercial leases, service charge management, health and safety compliance, applications for tenancy and reporting to clients. Knowledge of the RICS service charge code is also essential.
What you'll get in return
In return for your work you will receive an annual salary from £35-40K per annum as well as a standard employee benefits package which will consist of:
25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays
A private pension of 4% employer input (5% employee)
Discretionary performance related annual bonus
Business mileage covered
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.