We are delighted to be working with a local authority in the South West who are looking to recruit a Building Control Surveyor on a permanent contract. The organisation is regarded as a fantastic employer and puts a big emphasis on the welfare of its staff. The job
You will be responsible for ensuring that all buildings and structures complywith the Building Regulations, including the control of Dangerous structures and Demolitions, along with the responsibility of the health, safety and welfare of people in and about buildings and structures. Key Duties
- To process Building Regulation applications including the assessment of supplementary and amended plans and communicate the outcomes clearly and directly to the customer.
- To maintain existing and develop new client relationships
- Site inspections and plan / application checking when required
- Carry out Building Control enforcement work including dangerous structures and demolition sites by undertaking site inspections to collect evidence of non-compliance, write reports making recommendations about appropriate enforcement action and work with legal services to pursue any legal action.
- Ensure that clear, accurate and detailed records are made, kept and maintained for all work carried out.
- Educated to degree level in Building Surveying or other relevant discipline
- Good practical understanding of primary building control legislation, approved documents, enforcement processes and procedures and other relevant guidance.
- Previous experience of working in the Building Control profession.
Competitive salary, big emphasis on learning and development, access to Local Government Pension scheme and flexi-time.