Hays Property and Surveying are seeking an Executive Head of Property to join a progressive and ambitious local authority based in Hampshire.
The council hold an extensive commercial investment property portfolio, that generates a significant income revenue used to fund a variety of activities across the directorate. Alongside this, the council's currently in the midst of planning and delivering a number of exciting construction led development projects, that will complement their existing assets.
Due to a formal restructure across the authority within it's Executive Leadership Teams, the council is now looking to appoint a highly experienced Property and Construction professional to lead their Assets and Project Delivery directorate.
Your new role
As the Executive Head of Property, you will be responsible for leading on a variety of professional service lines that fall within the Assets and Project Delivery directorate. These will include; Asset Management, Building Surveying, FM and Project Management. Here, you will provide strategic planning and project delivery advice to the service leads, whilst supporting the Corporate Directors and Cabinet Members to develop the Corporate Plan. Strong leadership skills and high levels of commercialism will be key for the performance of your role.
Specific responsibilities may include, but not limited to;
- Provide leadership, oversight and advice to the appropriate service leads
- Develop appropriate council strategies in relation to Assets and Project Delivery
- Lead on the implementation and development of strategic projects
- Provide leadership support and report on directorate performance to the Corporate Team and Cabinet Members.
- Ensure that council's priorities are met in line with the Corporate Plan
- Advise on business planning and commercial activity within each service area
- Overview all budgets within the directorate, ensuring service leads are maintaining the appropriate performance levels.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed within the role, you will need;
- A relevant professional accreditation, preferably MRICS
- Significant leadership experience within an Estates Services function
- Strong experience in Asset Management and managing a large property portfolio
- Strong skills in project delivery and strategic planning in relation to property
- Held line management responsibility and overseen budgets and service expenditure
- Strong leadership skills and high levels of commercialism
- Experience of working within a local authority is desirable
What you'll get in return
- Salary of £63,960 - £70, 837
- 30 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working / Home Working available
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.