Property & Asset Manager
About Three Rivers District Council:
Three Rivers District in South West Hertfordshire straddles the north west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of sectors and businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster along with Elstree and Pinewood is a short drive away.
At a Glance:
- 700 historic assets and 22 conservation areas, 77% of the district is in the Green Belt
- 1,914 NNDR registered businesses with the economy providing 39,000 jobs
- Very low crime rate
- The district ranks highly for business registrations and start-ups with a highly skilled and trained workforce, high employment levels with GVA and weekly earnings above average
The Property Department covers the whole range of matters that are relevant to the built environment, from development and property management. It is responsible for both an operational and investment estate of all property types, although with a strong weighting towards commercial property.
Recent changes in the management of the Property Department sees a future where the Department will undergo some transition to improve the way it works so that it is best placed to meet current and future challenges as well as delivering an efficient customer service and property outcomes the Council requires.
With the evolving landscape of local authority funding meaning that councils need to be more reliant on their own generated income rather than central government funding, commerciality and a business-like approach in dealing with property and third parties is now essential to optimise property revenues for Council services.
This post is different to standard asset and property management roles because you will be joining a department and running the asset and property management team at the start of a programme to realise significant improvements in how the team will work. So, if you are seeking a role which can make a real impact in transforming the delivery of property and asset management, as well as managing a healthy variety of casework, then we would be keen to hear from you.
What We Are Looking For:
- Qualified property and asset manager with commercial experience
- Successful working history of landlord and tenant negotiations for leasing, licencing, rent reviews, dilapidations, and consents
- Appointing, managing, and working with both in-house and external surveyors, solicitors, and other contractors
- Hands-on experience of service charges, including apportionment, overseeing programmes of works, setting budgets, and service charge accounts
- Knowledge of property terriers and property data management
- A team worker who is able to achieve a common goal
- Having an eye for detail
What We Offer:
Salary range: £52,957 - £61,347
We offer an excellent benefits package, including competitive salary, 28 days’ holiday - rising to 30 days, a generous employer contribution pension scheme, life assurance, flexible working, career development, free on-site parking, cycle-to-work scheme, discounted leisure centre membership, employee volunteering schemes and access to discounted activities and days out.
Closing date: 31st January 2021
A basic DBS check will be carried out for this post.
Other organisations may call this role Asset Manager, Property and Estates Manager, Estate Manager, or Property and Asset Services Manager.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Property & Asset Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.