DIRECTOR, COST MANAGEMENT
INDEPENDENT MULTI-DISCIPLINARY CONSULTANCY
LONDON , UK
£SIX-FIGURES + BONUS + PACKAGE
Palmeira Search are working with an independently owned & managed multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy with over 100 staff in the UK and a global network of independently owned offices . Priding itself on a strong heritage and high level of director involvement with its clients.
This consultancy offers core services of Cost Management , Project & Programme Management / EA , Project / Fund Monitoring , Dispute Resolution and also Building Consultancy , CDMC and Health + Safety Consultancy . They operate across most built asset classes in a variety of private and public sectors particularly; Commercial , Residential , Hospitality and some public sub-sectors including Health & Education .
Has arisen due to the impending retirement of a Director , currently serving their final 6 months of employment . This is a strategic operational role in which you will be reporting into the shareholders and responsible for a team of Cost Managers (1 of 5 teams) , within a wider department of c45 CM’s.
You will be an integral part of the company’s structure internally and externally , and therefore comfortable winning and delivering new-build and refurbishment construction projects up to £200m + and everything in between , with the majority of activity within London & the South East .
This role would therefore suit a personable and ambitious individual from a well regarded construction consultancy who would like the opportunity to thrive on more direct influence and contribute to the continued growth of this expanding, forward thinking consultancy.
- In this key position you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to your team, embedding the quality standards and values of the company;
- You will be primarily working alongside other Directors to successfully manage, grow and deliver cost management duties on various capital projects across London & SE;
- Successful delivery of projects, ensuring tasks on projects are resourced, managed and completed efficiently, on time and with a keen desire to maintain client’s satisfaction leading to continued and further business;
- Sets a clear strategy and ambition for the team, leading inclusively to leverage the variety of perspectives, insights and knowledge;
- Be enquiring, proactive and challenge where appropriate our own existing methods / processes to demonstrate value for money to the client;
- Identifies, coaches and mentors talent to realise their potential and celebrates the success of others;
- Always acts with the highest levels of integrity, caring for the safety and well being of others;
- Detailed understanding of the relevant sectors, acting as a brand ambassador and creating a pipeline of opportunity with new and existing clients
- 15-20 years + post qualified Cost Management / PQS experience. Recently at a Director / Partner level, acting in a leadership capacity in a comparative business with comparative clients;
- Track record of leading and managing CM teams (of up to 10 Cost Managers);
- Highly motivated, with a can-do attitude and team ethic;
- Excellent communication, organisational and team leadership skills;
- Ability to lead Client and Project Team Meetings to deliver a variety of reports;
- Highly motivated and with excellent industry network;
- Proven track record of winning new work from new clients and repeat work from existing clients;
- Professional Qualified; Chartered Status with the RICS or other equivalent institution;
- Degree Qualified; BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management;
- Full clean UK driving license, and a willingness to travel;
- CSCS card holder;
- Strong IT skills
Candidates interested in this opportunity should submit their CV to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or make contact on DD: 01273 862340 | M: 07983 668045.