As part of our continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our company as a Facilities Manager
Naylors Gavin Black (NGB) is a highly regarded firm of Chartered Surveyors and Commercial Property Specialists based in Newcastle upon Tyne. With decades of market experience, the NGB team has built a solid reputation for offering specialist advice, which is underpinned by a thorough understanding of the commercial property market. Working together the team provides a first-rate cohesive service across all sectors. Naylors is, above all, a people business – always putting client’s needs first
Ensure the key areas listed below are undertaken in an efficient and professional manner, in order to fully support and assist the Asset Property Management Team.
The following lists the Key duties for which you will be responsible. This list is not necessarily exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other relevant tasks from time to time to assist the department.
- Regular inspections of the portfolio, reporting any noticeable defects.
- Monitor and report on performance of contractors engaged on Facilities Services delivery
- Prepare specifications as required for various Facilities Services
- Check invoicing as necessary
- Assist with preparation of data for Service Charge Budget preparation
- Liaise closely with Helpdesk / Facilities Administrator to ensure all customer queries are dealt with in a quick and timely manner
- Working closely with the FM helpdesk assisting with tenant/client enquires. Receiving reactive repairs, via email and telephone, attend site where necessary and raise purchase orders when required.
- Assisting in the day to day property maintenance planning – including monitoring of health, safety and security processes, provision of hard and soft services, and as appropriate, liaison with building managers, co-tenants and sub tenants.
- Assisting in small project works, monitoring and sign off.
- Maintaining documentation/audits and assisting with remedial works.
- Regular reviewing and updating the compliance/contracts information onto relevant software.
- Maintaining good working relationships with local suppliers and supporting the Facilities Manager in the coordination of the contractor database including annual review.
- Assisting with utilities and taking of meter readings within the portfolio when required.
- Supplier contract monitoring, making sure contracts are being delivered to SLA’s; renegotiating existing contracts and locating new suppliers.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
- Ensure buildings meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- In addition to the above key responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.
- Experience of project delivery
- Experience of report writing and design
- Experience of building inspection
- Experience of budget costing
- Be professional and approachable
- Be methodical with an attention to detail
- Be able to multi-task
- Be a team player, but confident working on own initiative
- Communicating progress of works / projects to team
- Attend weekly team meeting and input with updates