Are you an experienced Project Manager looking for the next step up in your career? Do you have experience working for a construction Consultancy firm on a variety of buildings projects? Then keep reading!!
A leading, professional multidisciplinary consultancy is looking for a dynamic and professional Project Manager to join their well-established team. As Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to deliver on a portfolio of projects within the Commercial, Sports and Leisure sectors.
As Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to join a fantastic team of professionals who will provide the necessary training and mentoring to take you to the next step in your career.
As Project Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Take responsibility for the project management of the construction project
- Maintain and enhance relationships with the client, design team, contractors and the general public
- Attend regular client meetings and prepare progress reports for the client
- Manage the cost of construction within the budget allowed and variations agreed with the client.
- Highlight variations from budget for Client decision
- Understand the design management process to ensure that information is delivered in good time and of sufficiently robust detail to achieve co-ordination and compliance with the specification, building regulations and supplier’s standards
- Take a close interest in the drawings and details provided to ensure that they are appropriate and practical to build, and use that knowledge to brief each party as appropriate
- Regularly review the tender programme to ensure it is achievable or modify it by agreement with the Client and Main Contractor to achieve the committed completion date
- Monitor the critical path and key components to ensure timely completion
- Monitor carefully time and cost and report regularly to the Client
- Closely monitor Main Contractor performance in respect of programme, quality and cost and take timely corrective action as necessary.
As Project Manager you will possess:
- Significant Project Management experience from a Project Management Consultancy
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Newly qualified with the RICS or working towards APC
- Experience of Private Sector project delivery
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in close partnership with clients and external consultants
- Eagerness to use your own initiative and ensure work is delivered on time within a quality framework
- Experience of using programming software such as Microsoft Project
- General Microsoft software applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work as part of a disciplined team or on own initiative