Head of Health Safety - Housing Association - interim 3 months+ contacts
Your new company
A Housing Association in Nottingham are seeking to appoint a Group Head of Health and Safety on an interim basis - the post is initially 3 months long but could be extended and permanent opportunity could arise for the right candidate. The post is full time Monday-Friday and is paying up to £52,000 (equiv) (hourly/day rate to be paid weekly).
Your new role
Provides strategic advice and guidance to the Housing Associations Board and Executive Management Team on all areas of Health and Safety including fire, construction and employment. You will ensure there are effective health and safety management systems in place to manage all related risks. You will be responsible for building effective partnerships with colleagues, contractors, service professionals and the Fire Brigade to ensure
effective service provision.
· Develops and maintains effective Business Continuity arrangements for all areas of the Company.
· Owns the Company's risk management framework and insurance policies.
· Company ambassador, promoting the Company's vision and values to Board, staff and other stakeholders.
· Supports EMT to lead, manage and develop the Company as a whole.
· Actively promotes putting tenants and leaseholders at the heart of everything we do.
· Responsible for effective resource management and value for money.
· Empowers and develops people to become excellent employees and managers
· Is a key advocator for change and leads company wide change programs.
· Ensures the right systems are in place for the effective running of Company business including agenda preparation and the planning of Board and Committee work.
· Additional duties as allocated by the Housing Association as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
· Management and delivery of high health and safety housing.
· Deliver continuous improvement to a diverse community.
· Knowledge and understanding of legal framework relating to health and safety including CDM, fire safety, asbestos and Legionella.
- NEBOSH or equivalent.
· Able to work collaboratively and communicate at all levels
· Performance manager
· Negotiation, project management
What you'll get in return
Work for a large Housing Association with a fantastic reputation. This is a Senior band 12 post with full responsibility for the Groups Health and Safety provision. 3 months minimum work with the potential to be extended and a fantastic pay rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.