- Building Surveyor
- Excellent salary + up to 4% pension + Life assurance + 24-30 days + package
- Multi-disciplinary Consultancy
- Orpington, Kent
Are you an experienced Building Surveyor, keen to find a strong and supportive company that will invest in you and support you as you progress? This dynamic consultancy has a new role for an experienced Building Surveyor to join a team working across a range of project and professional isntructions in various sectors.
Established for over 75 years, with 300 staff across 6 offices in the UK, this well-known consultancy understands that their employers are their business. They have a strong focus on employee well-being and happiness, offering everything from a packed social calendar to health and well-being support from trained specialists.
They offer numerous different platforms for learning & development at all levels and they are keen to celebrate success. Thye offer a competitive salary and a complete benefits package.
Due to increasing work they are recruiting for an experienced Building Surveyor to join their head-office in Orpington, Kent.
Person Specification: Building Surveyor
You will lead on Project coordination, contract administration and perform general surveying duties. You will be primarily working on housing refurbishments and residential projects worth up to £5million.
- The successful applicant will hold a RICS recognised degree or equivalent qualification in Building Surveying or a related field
- You will be progressing towards your APC
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication as the role is client facing and you will be required to give presentations, chair meetings and prepare professionally written reports to a high standard.
- Ability to use AutoCAD preferable.
Roles & Responsibilities: Building Surveyor
- Receiving Client instructions
- Surveying and reporting on residential, commercial and education properties.
- Undertaking Lead Consultant roles for refurbishment and new build projects for public and private clients in different sectors including residential, commercial and education. Includes briefing Clients, design, co-ordinating consultants, specifying, cost advice, tendering, drafting contractual documents and contract administration.
- This is a Client facing role and will include chairing meetings, presentations, resident meetings and the like. There may a requirement to attend out of hours meetings from time to time e.g. resident and leaseholder stakeholder meetings.
- Experience of JCT contracts (both Contract Administration and Employer’s Agent roles) and building pathology / defects diagnosis essential.
- Party Wall Surveying experience and ability to use AutoCAD is preferable.
- The role will require you to drive between sites so need to have access to own vehicle and a clean driving licence
Salary & Package: Building Surveyor
Our client is offering a competitive salary dependant on experience and I can discuss this with you in person. The full package includes;
Hours: 09.00 - 17.00, Monday to Friday
Holidays: From 24 days per annum, rising to 30 days depending on length of service
Pension: Excellent pension, up to 4% employer contribution
Benefits: Life assurance of 2 x salary, active health and well-being support, active staff Social club.
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
APPLY: APC Graduate Building Surveyor
To discuss your options in confidence, call Roger Dunning – 01243 933 263 / 07769 551846.
To apply please send your CV ASAP – firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on this page.
Building Surveyor – Jobs from HD Surveyors