Our client, a modern Legal institution with a long and distinguished history providing education and training to Barristers, is currently looking to recruit a permanent Estates Officer.
Our client's estate consists of an exciting and historically important collection of buildings, many of which are listed.
- Lease or Tenancy Agreement Renewals
- Lease Format and Production
- Mid-Term Rent Reviews
- Termination of Tenancies
- Tenant Vacating
- Re-lettings - Submit all applications for tenancies to the nominate representatives of the Estates Committee and take instructions on who is to be offered the tenancy.
- Check and issue all rent invoices which are generated by the Estates department property management system.
- Liaising with Local Authorities and others on all Business Rates or Council Tax related matters and instructing advisors where necessary regarding any changes in rating assessments.
- Prepare annually a forecast of the income from all Estates Department related sources for the next five years taking into consideration rent reviews and tenancy renewals
- You will require significant experience of managing commercial property for high-quality tenants in central London.
- Be familiar with generating leases and managing tenant turnover.
- Confident in your ability to manage the tenancies and the cashflow of the income stream.
- You will have great attention to detail and be familiar with generating leases and managing tenant turnover.
- Sound knowledge of building construction with emphasis on historic construction methods and materials.
- Knowledge of statutory regulations and legislation
- Knowledge of new technology and how these may be integrated to improve facilities within existing structures.
- Experience of managing rolling maintenance and capital development programmes.
- Track record of identifying and managing professional consultants and advisors.
- Knowledge of financial management and the ability to interpret financial reports.
What you get
£50,000 salary, 12% non-contributory pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, performance-related bonus (up to 10% of annual salary