My client, an international property consultancy is looking to add a Senior Surveyor/Associate to their commercial investment valuation team, primarily for funds and institutions, across all of the UK and commercial property sectors. The role involves producing thoroughly well-planned valuations, liaising with and reporting to clients, presenting rationales & providing ad hoc scenario advice.
The valuation team provide a comprehensive range of single & portfolio valuations, market appraisals and consultancy services across both commercial/residential sectors. With a wide skill-set spanning commercial and specialist sectors, residential and agricultural properties, they have the ability to draw upon their own significant global network of Capital Markets, Leasing, Occupier and Research industry specialists, allowing them to add value for their clients, rather than merely number-crunching. Clients’ will include, financial institutions, lenders, private individuals, funds, property companies and the public sector.
- Assist on all instructions, from start to finish
- Inspect and measure properties of varying use types
- Have the ability to increase the range and quantity of instructions via business generation
- Review and summarise lease and title documents and assess their impact on value
- Undertake and draw conclusions from statutory enquiries
- Collate, verify and analyse market evidence/trends and all relevant factors that influence value
- Apply knowledge of the RICS Red Book and other relevant guidance
- Use Excel as well as Argus Enterprise and Developer to prepare valuations
- Undertake drafting of valuation reports and advisory notes
- Undertake direct communication with clients and auditors
- Attend events to promote the department and firm amongst clients and professional organisations
- Mentor, manage and train graduates and more junior team members
- Adhere to all deadlines set for the completion of work.
- MRICS at least 2 years PQE (or close to) and a RICS Registered Valuer
- UK property fund/portfolio valuations experience
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Willingness and flexibility to work as part of a team
- High service delivery skills with strong attention to detail
- Committed and organized
- Experienced user of Excel and Argus
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Full driving license
Please give me a call to discuss (Sam) 07917 042 950.
I am a specialist General Practice recruiter with over 5 years’ experience in the industry. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to discuss your options I’d love to hear from you.