My client is currently looking for a commercially aware Chartered Building Surveyor for their Manchester city centre office. My client offers fantastic progression throughout the business with great opportunities for career development. Responsibilities of the Senior Building Surveyor:
- Monitoring the deterioration or defects of a property and offering advice on repair work.
- Negotiating the repair of work or a financial settlement if required.
- Solid understanding of forms of building contracts such as NEC and JCT
- Managing projects and/or multidisciplinary teams for various refurb projects
- To diligently handle all instructions and to maintain comprehensive records for all work undertaken
- Due Diligence Surveys
- Dilapidation Liability Assessment Reports
- Experience in Contract Administration
- Planned Maintenance Surveys
Requirements of the Senior Building Surveyor:
- MRICS is essential for this role
- Strong business acumen
- IT skills (AutoCAD and other bespoke software).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full Driving License
On offer for the Senior Building Surveyor: The starting salary for this position ranges from £45,000 to £50,000 depending on experience.Company benefits package includes 10% pension contribution, healthcare, life assurance, annual bonus and a range of other flexible benefits. What happens next:On receipt of your application our dedicated Surveying & Project Management recruiter, Rees Allan, will contact you to discuss this opportunity in full detail. Rees will disclose the name of our client to you prior to sending your CV to this, or any other company we are working with. **We don't advertise all our vacancies. If this role isn't quite right for you, please get in touch with Rees to find out more about other opportunities. ** We offer a 'REFER A FRIEND' bonus up to £500 for a successful referral