Our Client is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Development Manager to join our growing development team and become part of the largest flexible generation business, with continued ambition for growth. This position will be a key part of the development team, managing a large and growing portfolio of flexible gas generation, battery storage and solar projects.
Our Client is the IPP & Developer company of the future, supporting critical national infrastructure through delivering flexible generation when it's needed most,in support of a low carbon power grid dominated by renewable energy.Their growing team also deliver optimal power solutions for corporate clients from a range of complementary technologies and apply strategies tailored to customer requirements.
Radically transforming the way the energy market works, they are the largest provider of flexible generation in the UK. They now have a combined installed capacity of 600MW across 45 sites with over 100 experts dedicated to supporting critical national infrastructure and the UK's energy transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Lead with the identification of new development projects, working closely with the wider development team to apply site finding criteria
- Direct the preparation,submission and management of planning applications and associated discharge of planning conditions, managing third-party consultants
- Lead on the negotiation of property agreements to put in place heads of terms, options and leases
- Work with our connections team to assess the viability of sites, support the application process and maintain secured connections
- Develop strong relationships with landowners, agents and other stakeholders
- Generate and maintain project schedules, risk registers, budgets and take projects through our internal project management process, which includes key milestone reviews and Project Information Document
- Undertake commercial modelling of opportunities to assess their viability and achieve key hurdle rates
- Represent company with involvement in workshops, industry forums and working groups as required
- Work with our in-house GIS and design team to screen sites and input on site design
- Undertake due diligence on projects Conrad Energy are evaluating or looking to acquire
- At least 3 -5 years of experience within the energy industry
- Experience in all phases of project development,with specific experience in origination, planning, land agreements and connections
- Commercial management skills are essential to maintain project budgets, undertake financial modelling and assess the commercial viability of projects
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential
- Ideally degree educated in a relevant subject, although other qualifications will be considered based on experience
Competitive Salary + Good Bonus & Benefits Package