Hays Property and Surveying are seeking an MRICS qualified Valuation Surveyor to join the in-house real estate team of a leading financial services provider, based in Hampshire.
The organisation are a leading specialist financial services and mortgage lending provider. Focused on specific sectors within the mortgage market, they provide tailored lending services to a range of private clients, developers and buy-to-let investors.
The Real Estate Team operate as a group function, providing in-house consultancy, advisory and quality assurance services on all matters related to property across the board. They act as the interface between customers and the lender, with a central aim of mitigating risk. Due to an increase in workload demands, the team are now looking to appoint an additional Chartered Surveyor to complement their existing members.
Your new role
As an in-house Valuation Surveyor, you will be responsible for managing your own caseload of work, providing a range of property valuation, loan security and quality assurance advice on behalf of the wider group business. The role's key purpose will be assess the appropriate lending being offered and mitigate any risk against the business's lending policy, whilst adhering to the agreed group strategies.
Specific responsibilities will include;
- Review and assess third party valuation appraisals prepared by external consultants, ensuring they are in line with the business's risk policy and service level standards.
- Provide property reports to the Transactional Credit Committee and assist on specific cases where required.
- Undertake real estate and valuation quality assurance in accordance with the business's approved framework.
- Communicate and liaise with other departments such Underwriting, Sales and Operations regarding suitability of property for loan security purposes.
- Communicate and liaise with external Valuers, Surveyors, Solicitors and other professionals.
- Undertake property visits and inspections on occasion and where necessary.
- Update and document loan history on company databases and systems.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed with the role you will need;
- MRICS qualified
- A minimum of 1 year PQE working within a property consultancy or in-house environment
- Experience and a strong understanding of property valuation and the lending process
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Effective communicator with a high level of commercial acumen
What you'll get in return
- Basic Salary of £40,000 - £42,000 DOE
- Discretionary annual bonus - Up to 15% of salary
- 28 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Competitive Pension
- Additional benefits such as Life Assurance, Buy and Sell Holiday, Season Ticket Loan, etc
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.