A key position has become available within the highly prestigious Portfolio Valuation Department of a leading property consultancy in London.
Providing a comprehensive valuation service to pension funds, life assurance companies, unit trusts and listed property companies for accounts, tax, stock market, acquisition and sales purposes. This role will give you exposure to some of the best-known institutions in the UK as well as some high profile landowners and developers. You will be involved at a ‘grass roots’ level of providing recurring valuations of commercial assets which will be play a central role in fund managers creating investment strategies or adopting asset management incentives in order to drive investment performance. You will be part of a team who together, provide c. 1000 valuations per year with a total value in excess of £18m.
About the role:
- Undertaking monthly, quarterly and annual valuations on behalf of funds, institutions, propcos and landowners
- Provide a responsive and high quality service for some of the best-known institutions in the UK
- Undertake property inspections, extensive due diligence and utilise internal and external databases
- Work closely with agency and investment colleagues in order to obtain relevant market information
- Use bespoke valuation models together with systems such as Argus Capitalisation and Developer
- Develop client relationships and undertake scenario-based appraisals, pre purchase due-diligence, assist with fund reporting, liaison with managing agents, asset managers and other advisers, to provide value added initiatives
- Actively network with other divisions and individuals from other firms in order to develop strong relationships
- Around 2-5 years’ PQE
- Experience of undertaking some red book lending/portfolio valuations
- Numerical with the ability to use Argus
- Some exposure of funds/institutions/propcos etc
- Client-facing with strong communication skills
- Able to network effectively, both internally and externally
This is a progressive, dynamic firm who are looking to grown their team by 50% in the coming year so prospects for progression are excellent. A structured career path will be given along with a highly competitive remuneration scheme which is particularly geared towards high achievers; the team are very well-established in their field and enjoy each other’s company along with a collegiate spirit. They offer a lively social scene and there are ongoing events along with team trips abroad, making this a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.