A boutique multi-disciplinary construction consultancy specialising in public sector building projects, are looking for a chartered building surveyor at either senior or associate level to join the team.
Predominantly focusing on housing and education, but also spanning leisure, industrial and commercial refurbishments, this independent practice, now numbering nearly 100 consultants, operates from an East London hub, providing services to clients across the Greater London area.
Reporting into an Associate director and working as part of an experienced team of building surveyors, you will be responsible for your own clients, working with each one to develop detailed briefs as per their requirements, undertaking feasibility studies and providing project management support in addition.
Specific client advice and services will include the following:
- Undertaking surveys and inspections, and providing detailed reports in order to prepare and produce specifications for works, tender and contract documents
- Coordinating members of the design team and project stakeholders, and taking on the role of Employer's Agent and Contract Administrator
- Carry out site visits, and reporting on progress in relation to time, cost and quality
- Providing advice on matters such as the Party Wall Act and CDM regulations acting as appointed surveyor and Principal Designer
The business are offering an annual salary which reflects the responsibilities outlined, and are open to negotiation on a case by case basis, however they have indicated a base salary in the region of £55K - 60K for a senior building surveyor.
In addition to a more than reasonable annual salary, the company offer a range of optional benefits which include but aren't limited to a private health-care cover/medical insurance and a private pension scheme as well as cycle2work and more.
The business is currently operating remotely, with most staff working from home as per government advice. They will also be looking to allow a more flexible working environment following the easing of restrictions to provide a better work life balance to staff. You will therefore be provided with a laptop to enable you to work from home or remotely.
This is a company which possess the best of both a small and a large business, in that their reputation and establishment has created a strong client base, and they can provide the support and infrastructure a national practice can, whilst allowing you to experience a variety of projects and explore a range of different instructions, preventing you from being pigeonholed in one area.
You will need to fit certain criteria to be considered for this position, these requirements are as follows:
- You will need to be a full member of the RICS. The company will consider anyone from a newly qualified surveyor upwards, although salaries offered will be dependent on levels of experience.
- You will need to have a minimum of 2 years prior experience working in affordable housing on major projects, ideally this will be in a private consultancy role, although exceptional client side candidates will be considered.
- Experience acting as contract administrator on projects in excess of £250K will be essential. Preferably you will have acted as CA on projects over £1m and also taken on the role of principal designer on projects previously as well.
- Ideally you will have a fully valid UK driver's license and access to a vehicle, as there will be a substantial amount of site visits involved in the role.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.