Asbestos Consultant North West
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
This well established and thriving multi-disciplinary company is looking to recruit a self-motivated Asbestos Analyst / Surveyor, based in the North of England. Some national & international travel may also be required.
The ideal experienced candidate would possess the British Occupational Hygiene Society modules P402, P403 and P404 (or RPSH equivalents) and be able to demonstrate good experience in all aspects of asbestos surveys and analytical duties.
- Monitoring and management of asbestos removal operations
- Carrying out asbestos smoke, background, leak, reassurance, 4 stage clearances and personal air testing
- Manage asbestos removal contractors on site carrying out removal work and ensuring all work is carried out to strict guidelines and procedures
- Inspection of buildings, premises and machinery for the presence of asbestos materials as well as the assessment of identified materials and the provision of information to employers to allow them to manage the risks that the asbestos may present
- Collating and producing comprehensive reports as and when required
- Liaising with clients on a regular basis
- British Occupational Hygiene Society modules P402, P403 and P404 or equivalent are required
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade C or above including English and Maths
- Higher level qualifications such as an HND or equivalent would be advantageous
- The successful applicant will be an all-rounder, flexible, will have a good work ethic, good attention to detail and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must submit security clearance and criminal background check requirements for work on various police and government contracts
- Must be prepared to travel
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful company that offers a competitive salary, pension and benefits package, along with many other benefits.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
We are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.