Senior Surveyor / Employers Agent with an award winning multi disciplinary consultancy in Cambridge
Your new company
We're pleased to be working an award winning multi-disciplined consultancy in Cambridge that are looking to add an Employers Agent to their growing office. The organisation offers a range of professional services covering; chartered building & quantity surveying, project management, architecture & master planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability and health & safety. The small yet expanding team value innovative ways of working and are always looking for fresh ideas to expand their client base.
Your new role
As the Senior Surveyor / Employers Agent you will be responsible for;
- Developing a client brief and assembling the project delivery team
- Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender
- Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages
- Undertaking various forms of tender process (OJEU framework and negotiated)
- The ability to analyse and review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer's Requirements are fulfilled
- Preparing contract engrossment
- Acting as Employer's Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator for the delivery of the project(s)
What you'll need to succeed
As the Senior Surveyor / Employers Agent you may be at any stage in your career though will be degree educated (or equivalent) and will be RICS qualified. You will be passionate about construction and come from either a; Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying or Project Management background. You'll be able demonstrate experience of working as an Employers Agent under a JCT, D&B or similar contract, ideally have two years' experience of Party Wall Matters and have knowledge of Building Control regulations.
What you'll get in return
You'll be joining a thriving and expanding team based in the centre of Cambridge, within walking distance to the train station and city centre. The organisation has retained its family values and takes pride in caring for and looking after their staff. Training, mentoring, 1:1 coaching, support and career progression are all fundamental to how they operate. You'll receive a range of benefits including; an excellent salary as well as 24 days annual leave, contributory pension, life assurance, health and well being initiatives as well as a range of funded staff events. Hours are from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.