ASHLEY GARDENS FREEHOLDS LIMITED
ESTATE MANAGER’S OFFICE
BLOCK 11 THIRLEBY ROAD
WESTMINSTER LONDON SW1P 1HW
Ashley Gardens Freehold Ltd (AGFL) is the freehold and leasehold owner of 145 prestigious mansion flats in Westminster, near Victoria Station. The AGFL Board oversees the governance and operation of the Estate, with the assistance of an Estate Manager, a professional managing agent, a company secretary and external accountants.
The Estate Manager reports to the Board and is responsible for the proactive and efficient management of the Estate and its staff of five porters plus cleaning staff and a handyman, as well as various outside contractors. The Estate Manager ensures the good repair of the Estate by overseeing major works, commissioning and inspecting necessary repairs, and periodically inspecting tenants’ improvement projects. The Estate Manager also has responsibility for the forward planning of Estate needs.
The key attributes for the Estate Manager role are:
- At least ten years’ experience in residential or historic estate management, preferably with some “heritage” building background
- Proven experience in managing a team of staff, including recruitment, training, skill development, and instilling high standards
- Self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude, initiative and sound judgement
- Discreet and trustworthy
- Flexible in approach and interested in finding improved and innovative ways of managing the Estate
- Committed to high standards and timely performance
- A working knowledge of building practices, e.g., health & safety, roofing, lifts, utilities, hot water supplies
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer relations skills for engaging with the Estate’s residents
- Ability to work effectively with third parties such as contractors, regulatory authorities and utility companies
- Competent IT abilities such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to contribute to strategic discussions about the Estate
- Manage major repairs and work projects (Section 20) in conjunction with approved surveyors
- Organise repairs resulting from regular inspections or as reported by staff or residents
- Oversee management of expenditure and ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Hire, manage, and dismiss staff in conjunction with the Board
- Ensure staff are trained to an acceptable standard including compliance with Health and Safety matters and compliance with data protection rules
The position is full-time with a 40-hour working week and requires reasonable availability to be contacted outside normal working hours from time to time.
Salary of £60,000 to £65,0000 per year, dependent upon experience. Benefits include an annual performance related bonus, 20 days annual holiday and the option to buy into a workplace pension.