My client is currently looking for a commercially aware Chartered Building Surveyor for their Glasgow team. The role will be home based initially with a flexible return to the office once the restrictions have eased. My client offers fantastic progression throughout the business with great opportunities for career development. Responsibilities of the Building Surveyor: Monitoring the deterioration or defects of a property and offering advice on repair work.Negotiating the repair of work or a financial settlement if required.Solid understanding of forms of building contracts such as NEC and JCTManaging projects and/or multidisciplinary teams for various refurb projectsTo diligently handle all instructions and to maintain comprehensive records for all work undertakenDue Diligence SurveysDilapidation Liability Assessment ReportsExperience in Contract AdministrationPlanned Maintenance Surveys
Requirements of the Building Surveyor:
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- You may also be considered if you are at advanced stages of your APC.
- Significant exposure to, and good working relations with private sector clients
- Strong business acumen
- Keen eye for detail
- IT skills (AutoCAD, NBS, MS Project, Outlook, Word, Excel and other bespoke software).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full Driving License
On offer for the Building Surveyor: The starting salary for this position ranges from £32,000 to £38,000 depending on experience.Company benefits package includes pension, healthcare, life assurance, annual bonus and a range of other flexible benefits.