Title: Resident Construction Manager
Reporting to: President
We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team! With over 20 offices in North America and the Caribbean in addition to over a hundred global offices and approximately 4,000 staff worldwide, RLB has a truly global reach while still offering a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.
RLB is an award-winning international firm, known for providing property and construction consultancy advice at all stages of the construction cycle. Utilizing its many years of experience and professionally trained employees, RLB continues to firmly establish itself as one of the major players in the construction industry throughout the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania. Our employees are involved in a variety of projects across a range of sectors, from sports arenas and healthcare to higher education and convention centers.
As a privately held company, we hire the best people, give them exceptional training, and provide extensive opportunities for professional growth while working on exciting projects while providing an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Overview of the Role
The Resident Manager leads the office and provides cost management, building surveying, project management, and consulting services on a wide variety of projects providing excellent service delivery to meet client objectives. The Resident Manager should have the ability to identify opportunities within a project that will add value and help successfully accomplish the clients desired project outcome.
- Identify individual key target clients and contacts for incorporation within business plan
- Build customer relationships to ensure high standards of technical service, secure repeat business and develop profitable workload
- Identify opportunities with existing clients and contacts and follow-up with Principal or President
- Identify opportunities with existing clients to cross sell other services of Rider Levett Bucknall
- Contribute to monthly team meetings and business development activity
- Share marketing information with other regions within Company
- Prepare proposals and fee submissions
- Preparation and delivery of presentations
- Maintain individual project profiles
- Attend external functions to raise the profile of Rider Levett Bucknall and to generate new contacts
- Responsible for all aspects of the delivery of projects from feasibility to handover and maintenance
- Contributes to team performance by collaboration and effective communication.
- Contributes to and understands the clients desired project outcomes, identifies opportunities to add value to accomplish the desired outcomes
- Adds to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: 4-year college degree in quantity surveying, construction management, architecture or engineering science.
- Minimum Experience required: 5-10 years’ relevant experience of management of staff including project professionals and/or technicians, managing major projects including development of project scope, goals, work plans, timeliness and implantation strategies, developing measurement processes/methods for assessing progress toward goals and project outcomes. Prior experience with developing and monitoring contracts required.
- Skills Required: Expert in quantity surveying, cost management, or project management, including planning, development, implementation and evaluation of large, complex projects. Good communication skills required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Indoor office environment, some visits to construction sites required
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.