Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Project Building Surveyor to join an independent Building Consultancy based in North Hampshire.
The business holds a strong reputation among it's clients for providing a range of building surveying, design and project management services, across the Education, Commercial and Private Residential sectors. Workloads are varied, from asset maintenance plans, through to new builds and extensions.
Due to a significant increase in client instructions, the business now has a healthy pipeline of projects that need delivering. As such, they are now looking to appoint an experienced Project Building Surveyor to complement their existing team.
Your new role
As a Project Building Surveyor, you will be responsible for overseeing and delivering a range of construction related projects from inception to completion. Typically, these will include planned maintenance, refurbishments, alterations, extensions and some new build schemes.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Specify building works and project management delivery
- Undertake condition surveys and feasibility assessments
- Provide contract administration including tender documents, payments and report writing
- Attend project meetings and update clients in relation to progress and budget
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed within in the role, you will need;
- Preferably MRICS qualified, but not essential
- Demonstrable experience in undertaking a range of project related Building Surveying work
- Abilities in specification and report writing
- Strong knowledge of construction processes and exposure to a range of project types
- Proficient user of AutoCAD is desirable
- Excellent client facing and interpersonal skills
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property & Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.