Senior Specialist Surveyor
Post number: 202755
- Location: Cardiff or Cross Hands
- Grade & Salary: G8: £44,842 - £49,525
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: 37 hours
Closing date: 7 March 2021
Interviews to take place when/where: Via Microsoft Teams – Date to be confirmed
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, tax-free childcare and salary sacrifice schemes.
The post holder will provide specialist and technical high-level professional land and property surveying services to Projects & Programme Delivery’s project managers to deliver NRW’s Flood Risk Management, Reservoir Safety, Coastal Adaptation, Metal Mine and other large-scale capital projects. You will be responsible for a varied portfolio including new and existing flood, reservoir, forestry and water resources assets on NRW and third-party land, including sensitive and protected sites.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the management of significant financial, legal, operational and reputational risk arising from the management of land and assets.
The post holder will act as a specialist lead for their area, being the organisation’s high-level professional expert for land and property surveying on capital projects of work (primarily the surveying aspect of project delivery), to interpret and apply policy and law and advise project teams accordingly. You will be required to negotiate with third parties and private landowners to reach agreements and licences for access to facilitate scheme construction and maintenance. Work will comply with statutory duties and rights, an awareness of these would be an advantage.
Key Job Qualifications or Knowledge
- Full Chartered Surveyor membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- RICS Registered Valuer or a willingness to become one.
- Substantial relevant experience in the field and ability to demonstrate a high level of knowledge and personal and professional credibility and a commitment to continuing professional development.
- Experience in property management and able to demonstrate experience of working with legal documents such as leases, conveyances, wayleaves, licences, title documentation etc.
- Proven ability to analyse property related issues and to develop solutions to deliver the optimum overall outcome, often working in collaboration with others.
- A sound working knowledge of a wide range of legislation and common law relating to bodies with statutory responsibilities.
- Experience of assisting in managing either private or public sector land.
- Excellent people management, financial management, leadership and influencing skills.
- Able to manage complex projects and programmes of work.
For more information, please visit our website.