Experienced Senior- Associate Quantity Surveyor? MRICS qualified or similar? Healthcare or Higher Education projects experience? If the above is tick tick tick then apply below!!
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a MRICS Senior or Associate Quantity Surveyor to join a leading, award-winning consultancy firm. You will have the opportunity to take responsibility for a number of projects and provide support to the existing team based in Wokingham.
As Associate Quantity Surveyor your responsibilities will include:
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances.
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures.
- Comply with established commercial/procurement/ contractual strategies.
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
- Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors.
- Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals.
- Preparation of elemental cost plans.
- Value engineering studies.
- Providing advice on procurement strategy.
- Assembling and seeking agreement to long and short tender lists.
- Preparing and issuing tender documents.
- Preparation of contract documents.
- Scrutinising and verifying applications for interim payments.
- Producing cost reports and cost forecasting.
- Attending progress meeting.
- Support formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required.
As Associate Quantity Surveyor your experience and background will include:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline.
- Strong technical delivery experience.
- Strong experience in Residential, Healthcare or Higher-Education.
- MRICS qualified or similar.
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner.
- Strong Feasibility and cost planning experience.
- Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services.
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery.
- Able to build long-term relationships.
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts.
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines.
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious.