Due to a strong pipeline of new projects I am looking for a Design Manager to join an SME Main Contractor, to lead and run their own schemes. Reporting into the Project Directors you will take ownership of the delivery of Design across a number of projects ranging from £20-80m in value across London & the South East
The company are an SME Contractor with a young and ambitious team who predominantly specialise in the Residential and Student Accommodation markets. They offer a personal and honest approach to construction and have built up some excellent relationships within the industry ensuring they have repeat business and an excellent flow of work. It is for this reason they are looking for an experienced Design Manager to join their delivery team.
As Design Manager you will show initiative and ambition to manage your own projects with support from the senior leadership team.
- Reporting into the Project Director you will take the lead on a range of projects from £20-80m in value
- You will manage the consultant Design Team ensuring the client brief is delivered to an exceptional standard.
- You will be client facing, to report on progress and ensure any issues or amendments are carried out to a high standard.
- Oversee the design & technical coordination on site to ensure a timely delivery to handover.
- When necessary you will be involved on the early stages of projects in tendering and consultant appointments.
- You will work closely with the Pre-Construction manager and commercial teams to ensure build-ability and value engineering opportunities are seized.
- Design Manager experience within a Main Contractor setting is essential.
- RC frame and large scale construction project experience is key.
- Based within easy commuting distance of London.
- Ambitious and forward thinking.
- Able to lead and run multiple schemes at once.
- Base Salary between £60-70,000 (Negotiable for the right person).
- A family and friendly environment without the red tape of a large plc.
- Opportunities to progress and grow with the company.
- The chance to run projects.