SENIOR BUILDING SURVEYOR
Competitive Salary + Up to 25% Bonus & Excellent Benefits
One of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 100 years.
Our employees are important to us. We empower and inspire them to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward their contribution. They are proud to work for a company that respects them and broader communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable, so we are successful now, and in the future.
To lead, design, oversee and manage the technical building infrastructure and building fabric for a national diversified portfolio of Group occupied property assets, to ensure the portfolio is fit for business purposes and is compliant with contractual and statutory requirements.
- Lead, develop, manage and motivate direct reports, including qualified building, IT infrastructure and M&E surveyors, to ensure maximised contributions and personal development
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including Sales and Agency, Group Health and Safety, Corporate Governance and Risk, Group IT and Regional Management teams, to ensure objectives are aligned and effectively delivered
- Manage, lead and deliver short term and one off, large scale projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with Clients and Line Manager
- Assess and respond to maintenance issues, plan and oversee planned and reactive maintenance programmes in line with best practice/NFUM requirements to maintain effective use and operation of Group buildings
- Instruct, oversee and manage contractors, suppliers and consultants to ensure SLAs, contractual terms, quality of delivery and general standards meet business requirements
- Prepare, oversee and agree specifications and tenders to procure and manage contract terms and pricing for delivery of building and infrastructure works
- Prepare and manage building maintenance and fit-out budgets as part of the Group Properties financial planning to ensure accurate forecasting and management of budgets and variances
- Research, identify and keep up to date with regulatory property guidelines and policies and be aware of emerging market trends to ensure compliant delivery of all building works and that our building assets are safe, secure and compliant
- Working with internal stakeholders, develop and recommend and deliver strategies for the on-going occupation, fit-out and disposal of the Group occupied property estate
- Specify, plan and project manage from planning to completion of building fit-out and refurbishment projects to appropriate quality, continual improved standards and within agreed timescales and budgets
- Management of third party suppliers and contract management
- Management of significant budget to meet financial and service objectives
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and programmes
- Be a self starter, able to take responsibility and manage people and workloads
- Strong track record of delivery of building maintenance and fit out programmes
- Flexible approach to problem solving and ability to propose innovative solutions
- Strong analytical and IT skills
- Detailed knowledge of H&S and building related statutory regulations
Educated to degree standard
MRICS - Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Full Driving License
Reward and Benefits:
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work, so along with a supportive culture and ongoing development opportunities, you can also look forward to some very attractive benefits. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme of up to 25%, and a variety of other benefits including pension, gym subsidy, staff discounts and our health and wellbeing cash plan. Based at our Head Office in Stratford-upon-Avon, you will enjoy an excellent work life balance with access to a variety of onsite facilities, with good commuting links to Birmingham and surrounding areas.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 3rd March 2021