Hays are working in partnership with Gloucester City Council to recruit for the position Investment Manager
About Gloucester City Council
Gloucester City Council is a dynamic local authority providing essential services to the people of Gloucester. They have a strong vision for the city to be a place where everyone feels proud to live and no one gets left behind. To make a difference to their communities, they are looking for people who share their commitment.
Your new role
As an Investment Manager, you will take a proprietorial role with respect to the Council's property investments. You will act as the intelligent client working with external property managers and transaction surveyors that deal with day to day management of the properties.. You will ensure the investment portfolio is performing well and producing anticipated growth and return. As an Investment manager you will review the Council's property investment strategy ensuring it's up to date and reflective of market investment trends. This is an exciting position to play an important part of shaping the City Council's investment and you where necessary will agree changes to the portfolio with the Investment Board and deal with acquisitions and disposals with the strategy. You will also work with Property Commissioning Manager looking at the wider Council portfolio and advice on performance, return and assist with the annual valuations.
- Manage the contracts with external suppliers acting as the Councils intelligent client and point for instruction on the operation of the investment portfolio.
- Dealing with the renewal of contracts where required.
- Work with external specialist suppliers dealing with LL&T transactions interrogating their recommendations to either challenge or agree, you will deal with any internal authority and consent required for the transactions. · Work with external and internal partners to ensure the smooth running of the investments including when required dealing with internal and external solicitors.
- Monitor the day to day decisions to ensure that they are consistent with the investment strategy and that the overall returns are being achieved Work with the Head of Regeneration to ensure that the investments also fit with the City Council's Regeneration Strategy
- Advise and work with the Investment Board to ensure the Council's Investment Strategy remains sound.
- Attend Cabinet briefing and other member meetings, site and public consultation meetings and develop formal reports to support such attendance.
- Maintain and develop constructive relationships as part of a collaborative working environment.
- Engage with stakeholders (internal and external) through effective communication to ensure good performance and continuing service improvement.
- Consider the financial implications of any activities affecting the use of council funds, seeking best value for money and identifying or recommending more cost-effective options.
- Work in a flexible and adaptable way with a 'can-do' attitude that gets things done right the first time Monitor the service charges approving budgets and tracking performance.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve performance and potential for redevelopment to maximise the return/capital value.
- Deal with investment acquisitions and disposals as required to fit in with the strategy. Brief and report to the Council and the Investment board.
- Work with the Property Commissioning manager to ensure that the investment portfolio is reflected on the annual accounts at their fair value.
To be successful within this Investment Manager position you must hold a broad range of Property Investment experience and have a solid knowledge of property and property investment. A good understanding of landlord and tenant law and commercial property transaction matters will lead to your success. It is also essential you have working knowledge in property investment appraisal and commercial property valuation experience. Further skills essential to the role you must hold include a sound and broad-based property and construction knowledge, knowledge of statutory and technical procedures relating to commercial property management and extensive LL&T knowledge sufficient to be able to interrogate and challenge other property specialists.
Professional qualification appropriate to the remit of the role or equivalent in experience is essential, as well as being MRICs or equivalent, and a registered valuer with the RICS or willing to work towards registration would be desirable.
To review the full job description, please refer to the key documents section on the dedicated recruitment Microsite as listed in the URL below.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, please visit the dedicated recruitment microsite URL link:
To submit your interest, please click apply now on the opportunities section. The application process will require you to upload a copy of your CV, along with a covering letter which explains why you are attracted to this post and why you believe you are the person for us. Please limit your covering letter to no more than 1 page.