SENIOR REAL ESTATE SURVEYORS
RWE Technology UK Limited is looking for 2 senior Real Estate Surveyors to join 2 newly formed teams:
One team is responsible for the management of the UK office & workshop portfolio on behalf of the RWE group companies. RWE currently operates in a number of locations in the UK, including a recently refurbished office headquarters in Swindon, Wiltshire. Other significant sites include prime offices in London and Coventry.
The other team is responsible for all aspects of property management and site development of the RWE Generation landholding within the UK and Europe. RWE Generation has a wide ranging portfolio of operational and other sites throughout the UK.
The Senior Real Estates Surveyor will provide professional property consultancy advice and assistance on operational and non-operational property management relating to the RWE Generation property portfolio in the UK and elsewhere, or on commercial property management relating to all RWE group companies in the UK. They will be responsible for managing a significant and diverse estate ranging from land and non-operational buildings on operational and surplus, reserve or closed former operational sites as well as the taking of and granting various short term commercial lettings and other rights and interests in land throughout the UK.
The key attributes for the Senior Real Estate Surveyor role are:
- Degree and Chartered Surveyor status with several years post-qualification experience
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of property management in a utility or major land owner environment
- Experience of advising and providing technical information to senior management and experience of working with cross functional teams
- Self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude, initiative and sound judgement
- Discreet and trustworthy
- Flexible in approach and interested in finding improved and innovative ways of managing the portfolio
- Committed to high standards and timely performance
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, prioritise and work independently and of their own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Strong communication and negotiation ability with public, internal staff and at all levels
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationship with tenants, landowners and other 3rd party stakeholders (planning authorities, public, etc…)
- Ability to contribute to strategic discussions about the Estate
- Freehold & Leasehold Land & Property management - Accountable for proactively managing RWE properties in line with property law and RICS standards.
- Management of a diverse portfolio in accordance with UK law, RICS standards, H&S and environmental best practice.
- Professional property strategy advice and services in terms of property/land, divestment or acquisition projects including demolition projects.
- Appointment and management of specialists consultants and contractors.
- Stakeholder management (internal and external to senior level)
- Budget management including Financial Management and oversight (Tax, Business Rates, dilapidations, service charges etc)
RWE operates a large and diverse portfolio of power generation assets in the UK. RWE is the UK’s second largest generator of thermal flexible energy, supplying around 10% of the UK’s electricity last year with 8.6GW of installed capacity. The portfolio includes the UK’s largest fleet of gas-fired power stations, along with a small amount of biomass. Following a transaction with E.ON and integration of E.ON and Innogy renewable assets, RWE will be the third largest renewable generator in UK, with a diverse portfolio of onshore wind, offshore wind and, hydro amounting to over 2.2GW.
What we offer our people
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package which includes a 15% bonus opportunity, pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday, you’ll also get the opportunity to craft the future of our business. Along the way, we’ll give you all the support you desire to develop your skill set and achieve your long-term objectives.
To see the excellent range of benefits we offer to employees, please visit: https://www.rweukjobs.com/our-benefits
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation and to valuing the contribution that our employees make. We welcome and respect differences in culture, background, working style, education and other less obvious differences.
Our energy for a sustainable life
RWE has reliably supplied people and companies with electricity for more than 120 years. The way we generate power is changing fundamentally and RWE is driving this change. RWE is committed to be carbon-neutral by 2040, and to generating electricity in a clean, safe and affordable way.
This range is provided by RWE UK. Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Salary of £54,900 to £67,000 per year, dependent upon experience.