Hays are working in partnership with Gloucester City Council to recruit for a Property Commissioning Manager
About Gloucester City Council
Gloucester City Council is a dynamic local authority providing essential services to the people of Gloucester. They have a strong vision for the city to be a place where everyone feels proud to live and no one gets left behind. To make a difference to their communities, they are looking for people who share their commitment. Gloucester is the cathedral city of the Cotswolds in the south west of England. Each year, over 3.5 million people from home and abroad visit the city for leisure and business.
It's an exciting time to join the council, they are transforming the city through regeneration, cultural change and investing in their heritage. The city council and its partners Gloucester Culture Trust are in the process of delivering an ambitious Cultural Strategy that places culture at the heart of the city for the good of all - making Gloucester a dynamic and creative place with big ambitions to develop its cultural scene. Gloucester truly is a great place to live, work, study or visit with great facilities, there is no better time to consider a career with Gloucester City Council given this level of ambition.
Your new role
As a Property Commissioning Manager, you will lead the property team providing the Council's Property Service, dealing with operational and investment property. You will develop, review and implement the Council's Asset Management Strategy. Deliver and maintain the returns from the investment portfolio to meet the Council's investment Strategy and ensure the efficient management of the Council's off-street car parks. You will make a substantial contribution to the Council's strategic and corporate objective.
You will be part of the Council's wider leadership team supporting the overall strategies, plans and policies of the council, ensuring the delivering of effective, innovative and entrepreneurial services and the development of strong and cohesive communities. You will be particularly focused on developing and ensuring implementation of the Council's property management strategy, looking to improve efficiency and value for money.
* Lead and commission all property work for the Council, including surveying, valuations, building works, landlord and tenant transactions, custodians, cleaners and terrier and car park management, ensuring that all partners understand and fulfil their respective obligations to provide best value & achieve ongoing efficiency savings where practical.
* You will ensure that the Council maintains a portfolio containing operational properties that provide a good working environment and location for the provision of services, that are also flexible and cost effective.
* You contribute towards the City's regeneration projects through site assembly and property management; you will also provide property expertise directly to these schemes working with the project teams.
* Working with the Investment Manager you will be accountable for all work related to the management and performance of the Council's investment property portfolio.
* You will write/update and ensure implementation of the Council's Asset Management Strategy, to fit with the Council Plan, Financial planning and Council Strategy and Corporate Objectives.
* Contribute to the development and implementation of the Council's property investment strategy
* Lead on the management and development of the Council's full portfolio, maximising commercial opportunities for income generation as well as community asset transfer where appropriate.
* Lead on the Annual Asset valuations ensuring that the assets register is kept up to date in accordance with the Council's Accounting policy and CIPFA and RICS regulations. You will also ensure that the insurance cover for the properties is adequate.
* You will manage the Councils off street car parks overseeing the management of both internal team and external contractors you will ensure that the net returns are maximised and that the car parks are pleasant to use for our customers.
* Lead the delivery of services that are designed to meet customer needs and expectations
*Manage the performance of staff, enabling individuals to maximise their contribution, to deliver great services and hold them to account for the delivery of their objectives. Foster a culture of continuous personal and professional development and effective performance management.
* Support the development of entrepreneurial and commercial opportunities to generate income, reduce expenditure and deliver financially sustainable services
What you will get in return:
This is a unique and highly rewarding opportunity. You can expect to achieve a salary of £49,788 - £52,737 per annum per annum, coupled with a generous leave entitlement of 30 days annually, one of the largest pension in public sector in the UK, along with life cover of three times your salary with financial protection for your family, and other competitive benefits.
The position will be based in high-quality, recently refurbished city centre office at Shire Hall in the heart of Gloucester City Centre within walking distance of most of our properties. To review the full job description, please refer to the key documents section on the dedicated recruitment Microsite as listed in the URL below.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, please visit the dedicated recruitment microsite URL link: https://webmicrosites.hays.co.uk/web/gloucester-city-council
To submit your interest, please click apply now on the opportunities section. The application process will require you to upload a copy of your CV, along with a covering letter which explains why you are attracted to this post and why you believe you are the person for us. Please limit your covering letter to no more than 1 page.
* Closing date for applications - Friday 12th March 2021- Midday
* First stage interviews - Week beginning 15th March 2021
* Final stage interviews - Week beginning 22nd March 2021
*these dates may be subject to change