I am currently with an ambitious local authority in the Midlands who are looking to recruit two Development Surveyors for a 6 - 12 month period. They have several large commercial development projects in and and around the City that require an experienced consultant to help them with. This role is based also entirely from home, apart from a trip to sites once every month / two months.
My client is a determined and resourceful local authority in the Midlands.
They responsibilities of the Interim Development Surveyor will be focused around the delivering of two large development projects per Development Surveyor / Development Manager.
To contribute to the implementation of a strategy which outlines the Council's property portfolio to develop the region.
- To manage a programme of projects to ensure delivery of the strategy.
- Includes undertaking a variety of work in connection with all categories of land and property as required.
- Commissioning and management of external consultants and agents as appropriate.
Participate in partnership working with the public and private sectors.
- To develop and manage joint venture opportunities.
- Negotiate through to conclusion complex property transactions.
- Make use of all funding streams.
The successful candidate should ideally have the following experience and skills:
- MRICS membership or equivalent
- Have experience of doing large scale commercial developments
- Be able to work from home and travel to the Midlands as required on an ad hoc basis
- Ideally had some interaction of working with or doing JV with public sector clients.
The offer to the candidate is to a 6 - 12 month contract with a competitive daily rate, home working and some really interesting development projects to drive forward.