- Exp. Graduate Building Surveyor - APC
- Up to £40,000 + City parking permit + progression + package (see below)
- Private Practice
- Brighton, East Sussex
Are you an experienced Graduate Building Surveyor who is progressing with their APC and has a broad range of experience along with the drive to progress your career? This established private practice is searching for an experienced and ambitious Graduate Building Surveyor to join their team in central Brighton.
This Chartered Surveying practice covers a broad range of work across a number of industry sectors with clients of all types, including; managing agents, local authorities, NHS Trusts, schools, insurers, private property owners and other property professionals.
Now recruiting for an experienced Graduate Building Surveyor, they are happy to offer an active role across the company, giving the successful applicant the opportunity to progress with their APC and progress through the company once Chartered.
Person Specification: Graduate Building Surveyor - APC
- You will hold a RICS accredited degree or similar qualification in Building Surveying
- You will have a range of experience across residential and commercial Building Surveying
- Experience with CAD and some design capabbility
- You will be ambitious, dynamic and have excellent communication skills at all levels
Roles & Responsibilities: Graduate Building Surveyor - APC
Working predominantly in the Brighton and Hove area you will also work on instructions across Worthing, Eastbourne and inland Sussex. Occasionally extending further afield to include London and the Home Counties, you will work across the commercial and residential sectors on both professional and project instructions, including the following: –
- Preparation of Condition Surveys and Specifications of Works
- Building pathology inspections and reports
- Submitting of applications for listed building consent, planning approval and building regulation approval.
- Professional work including; Party Wall Awards, Schedule of Dilapidations, Building Surveys
- Preparation of costed planned preventative maintenance schedules
- Being responsible for the Supervision of Works and acting as the Contract Administrator and Principal Designer
- Certifying the payment of monies to contractors for completed works
- Issuing relevant Legal Notices including lessee consultation procedures relating to proposed works and dealing with enquiries raised
- Preparation of Reinstatement Cost Assessment Valuations and liaising with the insurers accordingly
- Dealing with general day-to-day correspondence and telephone calls
- Maintaining property and tenant/lessee/client records on the office system
- To be responsible for some Building Surveying work in connection with Property Management
- To form contacts and links to other fields of work, or a passion to work towards, bringing in new business.
- Reporting – report to senior management team regularly regarding any issues or concerns.
Salary & Package: Graduate Building Surveyor - APC
Our client is happy to offer a salary of up to £40,000 as befits your experience, and a package as follows: -
- Progression all the way through to Director
- Brighton 'Trader’s Parking Permit’ which allows for free parking anywhere in Brighton & Hove
- RICS subscriptions
- Business mileage
- employee recognition/reward scheme
- team building events
- cycle to work scheme
- free eye test voucher
- Employee Assistance
- community activities
APPLY : Graduate Building Surveyor - APC
To discuss your options in confidence, call Roger Dunning – 01243 933 263 / 07769 551846.
To apply please send your CV ASAP – firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on this page.
Graduate Building Surveyor - APC – Jobs from HD Surveyors