Chartered Building Surveyor
Johnson Fellows is an established independent firm of Chartered Surveyors providing a wide range of professional services to property owners and occupiers. The role within Building Consultancy carries a rewarding mix of autonomy, with direct client liaison and project ownership, whilst working within a small and supportive team. We are looking for an individual who is ready to hit the ground running while also looking to expand the department in the future.
This is an opportunity for an Chartered Building Surveyor with a self-motivated and enthusiastic approach to their work.
The successful applicant will need to support the building surveying needs of our established client base both locally and nationally.
We are looking for a Chartered Building Surveyor with the ability to work on their own case load in the commercial / retail sector.
The successful candidate will be carrying carry out the following:
Building and maintaining strong client relationships
· Ensuring projects and professional appointments are completed on budget and to schedule.
· Organising documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes. Acting as Contract Administrator.
· Determining the condition of existing buildings, identify and analyse defects, including proposals for repair.
· Advising on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings
· Preparation and negotiation of dilapidations claims.
· Undertaking technical due diligence and pre-acquisition surveys of commercial buildings
· Carrying out feasibility studies
· Advising on the health and safety aspects of buildings
· Dealing with Party Wall procedures
· CAD experience would be desirable
Competitive package including pension contribution (after qualifying period), car allowance and discretionary bonus
Flexibility of working including partly from home