Area Surveyor – Preston/North East Manchester
We’re Legal & General Surveying Services (LGSS), one of the most successful Surveying Firms in the UK! To stay at the forefront of innovation in the residential surveying industry, we’re looking for driven and ambitious surveyors, with great knowledge and experience of residential mortgage valuations and Homebuyer Surveys.
We have a number of roles available. You will be homebased but cover one of the following regions: Preston/North East Manchester
What you’ll be doing:
• You’ll carry out quality inspections and prepare valuations and survey reports in accordance with best professional practice to minimise the financial and reputational risk to Legal & General. You’ll be liaising with all support staff to ensure that inspections are carried out and reports prepared in accordance with agreed turnaround times and SLA’s ensuring the overall standard is achieved
• Ensuring that all communications with any party to the instruction are dealt with promptly and in a manner, which will enhance the reputation of Legal & General. You’ll be ensuring that the PVQ response times are achieved and that queries, are dealt with in accordance with Lender Guidelines and in keeping with SLA’s to avoid penalties
• Achieving personal annual business targets in terms of the volume of instructions carried out in order to meet planned profitability and Annual Fee Income projection by completing daily targets per working day.
• Undertaking training, both internally and externally, to satisfy the CPD requirements of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and any further specific retraining prescribed by the company by completing the compulsory number of training hours per annum What we’re looking for:
• We’re looking to hear from driven RICS registered Residential Surveyors who have an excellent knowledge of residential surveying to help us provide quality service to our customers.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a car allowance scheme.
Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us. As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone.
To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing. We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need.
If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply? Application link: Click "Apply Now" Type in "Surveyor" on the Legal & General careers page and select.