Interim General Practice Surveyors needed - East Midlands based
Your new company
A Local Authority in the East Midlands are looking to appoint a team of General Practice Surveyors on an interim basis. The positions are full time, Monday - Friday and will initially be working from home. These positions are long term, initially for 6-12 months but are likely to be ongoing beyond this. Working closely with Valuers and the Business Support Assistant in the Estates Section on a day to day basis, you will collaborate effectively with professional staff and officers in other sections of the authority to achieve successful completion of joint projects by regular liaison with members, officers within Corporate Property, internal client departments, tenants, the general public, outside agencies and contractors.
Your new role
- Prepare and evaluate proposals for land and property development.
- Carry out valuations of land and property assets in accordance with CIPFA and RICS guidelines.
- Carry out a wide range of estate management duties as a key point of contact in resolving issues, working with landlords, tenants, building and maintenance services and other property stakeholders.
- Carry out negotiations for the purchase, sale and lease of land and property ensuring that the Council obtains 'best value' under S.123 of the Local Government Act 1972 and operates within financial regulations.
- Take the lead on the more complicated, high value and sensitive cases which are dealt within the Estates team.
- Provide professional advice in respect of the acquisition or disposal of land and property assets enabling senior officers and members to make prudent decisions.
- Implement the acquisition or disposal of property using various methods including private treaty, sealed bid, and auction.
- Manage and resolve issues of unauthorised use or occupation, boundary disputes, access problems, or dilapidation claims on the Council's behalf.
- Investigate and resolve issues relating to planning consent, site features and topography, wildlife and the environment, legal title and tenure, highways and access, service and utility provision, infrastructure, site assembly, restrictive covenants and overage clauses etc.
- Manage the marketing of property assets for sale and the steer the disposal or acquisition process through to completion.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Chartered GP Surveyor and will ideally have experience working within the public sector (although this is not essential).
What you'll get in return
Ongoing work with a fantastic rate of pay.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.