Estates Surveyor - long term, freelance work, local authority
Your new company
A local council are looking to appoint an Estates Surveyor on an interim basis. The position is full time, Monday - Friday and will initially be working from home. This is a long term, ongoing role where you will be working closely with Valuers in the Estates Section on a day to day basis. Your role will be to collaborate effectively with professional staff and officers in other sections of the authority to achieve successful completion of joint projects..
Your new role
- Carry out valuations of land and property assets in accordance with CIPFA and RICS guidelines.
- Carry out a wide range of estate management duties as a key point of contact in resolving issues, working with landlords, tenants, building and maintenance services and other property stakeholders
- Take the lead on the more complicated, high value and sensitive cases which are dealt within the Estates team.
- Provide professional advice in respect of the acquisition or disposal of land and property assets enabling senior officers and members to make prudent decisions.
- Implement the acquisition or disposal of property using various methods including private treaty, sealed bid, and auction.
- Manage and resolve issues of unauthorised use or occupation, boundary disputes, access problems, or dilapidation claims on the Council's behalf.
- Investigate and resolve issues relating to planning consent, site features and topography, wildlife and the environment, legal title and tenure, highways and access, service and utility provision, infrastructure, site assembly, restrictive covenants and overage clauses etc.
- Manage the marketing of property assets for sale and the steer the disposal or acquisition process through to completion.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant qualification in surveying
- Local authority experience
- Lease Consultancy
- Rent Reviews
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.