Are you a senior property professional looking to make a real difference? How about leading the estates management activity for two interesting and diverse local authorities with their own commercial property portfolios?
You will need to demonstrate a thorough understanding and extensive practical experience at a senior level in estates management. It is vital that you can build relationships, influence decision-making and communicate effectively at Board level, inspiring confidence amongst key stakeholders. You will be the subject matter expert for estates management across the organisations and must be prepared to "roll up your sleeves" when required as well as taking full functional ownership.
This newly created role will be assisted by an Estates Management Team of 6, plus one Building Surveyor and one Estates Support Officer. This team works alongside the Asset Management function, collectively comprising the Estates Team, providing a "one service" solution to both local authorities.
As a manager in an ambitious and forward-thinking team it is important that you can develop and encourage others so that the team can deliver to the highest quality.
In return for your hard work and contribution, we can offer you a competitive salary, generous annual leave, flexi time, free parking, leisure centre discounts, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and more. Take a look at our website for the full range of benefits and support we offer our staff https://www.easthants.gov.uk/benefits-working-ehdc
Your role delivers:
- A high quality and professional Estates Management Service
- Property decisions and transactions that help to achieve the Councils' strategic goals
- Financial benefits to the Councils
- A well organised, innovative and forward-thinking professional team
- Full compliance with Data Protection Act 2019
- Understanding of the wider Councils teams and the ability to sign-post to other services.
- Trust and confidence in the service and wider Councils.
- Subject matter expert on Estates Management issues.
- Commercial recommendations and technical expertise to various stakeholders
- Professional membership (MRICS or FRICS) of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and compliance with RICS codes of conduct and mandatory standards.
- Awareness of RICS best practice and application where possible.
- Expert knowledge of land law, property law and dispute resolution.
- +10 years' experience in estates management.
- Experience of leading, developing and managing teams
- Ability to provide high quality professional advice and recommendations to various stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of statutory compliance in the built environment.
- Advanced knowledge of health and safety best practice.
- Commercially astute, with excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Advanced knowledge of financial processes
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team.
- Advanced knowledge of legislation affecting local authorities
- Advanced negotiation skills and political awareness.
- Personal resilience, organising and prioritising a large and varied workload.
- High level of literacy, numeracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office and financial software.
- Ability to provide high levels of customer service
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.