Are you a Commercial Real Estate Asset Manager looking for a new opportunity? Could you rise to the challenge of delivering results across two Councils, with two very different commercial property portfolios? The assets are mostly situated in East Hampshire and Havant, but there are a handful of properties further afield in England.
To be considered for this position, you will need to be an experienced 'hands on' Asset Manager, able to demonstrate a strong track record of delivery. It is important that you can build relationships and communicate effectively. In-depth Landlord & Tenant and valuation experience is essential.
Reporting to the Lead Asset Manager and working in the small yet dynamic Estates Team, the role will involve driving performance of the portfolios, ensuring their contribution to organisational business plans.
It is important that you have an entrepreneurial spirit and can identify opportunities for adding value, both within the existing portfolio and through new acquisitions.
As part of an ambitious and forward-thinking team it is important that you can develop yourself and others so that the team can deliver to the highest quality. We will support your continuous professional development, so you will be equipped to meet current and future challenges.
In return for your hard work and contribution, we can offer you a competitive salary, generous annual leave, flexi time, free parking and free tea and coffee if attending the office, leisure centre discounts, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and more. Take a look at our website for the full range of benefits and support we offer our staff https://www.easthants.gov.uk/benefits-working-ehdc
Your role delivers:
- A high quality and professional Asset Management Service
- Property decisions and transactions that help to achieve the Councils' strategic goals
- A well organised, innovative and forward-thinking professional team
- Full compliance with Data Protection Act 2019
- Understanding of the wider Councils teams and the ability to sign-post to other services.
- Trust and confidence in the service and wider Councils.
- Subject matter expert on Asset Management issues, with a solid understanding of the wider investment markets.
- Professional membership (MRICS or FRICS) of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and compliance with RICS codes of conduct and mandatory standards.
- Awareness of RICS best practice and application where possible.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the commercial property investment market in England and Wales, including trends and performance drivers.
- Extensive commercial transactional experience of +5 years, both for capital and leasing deals.
- Ability to provide high quality professional advice and recommendations.
- Sound knowledge and experience of strategically managing investment portfolios.
- Must be a Registered Valuer or suitably experienced in undertaking internal valuations and understanding/challenging external valuations.
- Expert negotiator with strong influencing skills.
- Understanding of business drivers affecting local authorities.
- Understanding overarching investment objectives before conceiving and executing individual asset plans to support a robust delivery mechanism.
- Awareness of Risk Management in a Corporate Real Estate environment
- Must possess general business financial knowledge and financial analysis skills
- Ability to comprehend, analyse and interpret complex business documents.
- Ability to write reports and articles using supporting data.
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to communicate a complex, technical role to an audience that does not have specialist property training.
- Personal resilience, organising and prioritising a large and varied workload.
- Ability to provide high levels of customer service.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.